X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Geef Weer
Clear All

LED: 1st Grow in MGB (unknown bagseed) [ENG]

Korting op 420shop
    Hello everyone!
    Please excuse me for using english since i do not speak dutch. I am following this forum for quite a while now (with autotranslate), since its the most resourceful one concerning the minigrow box.

Recently i purchased this grow cabinet and i am very pleased with it so far. I felt the urge to grow again after a long time and this box ticked all my desires and i am confident that i can meet my needs with this one (50-70g/year). I only wished for it to be a little more silent. At 35% fanspeed it is acceptable (still audible) but my humidity shoots >65%. With 50% fanspeed the humidityrange is okay, but its nowhere near stealth in terms of noise. Its just a minor flaw as i am very sensible to noise.. but my living conditions make up for this as the cabinet stands in the attic now. Elsewise its really a perfect box.
    I have done several grows before under hps lights, but that was >10y ago... so i consider myself a informed beginner.

I unfortunately cannot legally obtain seeds in my country (yet) so i popped a bagseed i found and kept for a year or so. I have no clue what kind of strain it is (and wether i even liked it or not...i hope i did).

For now as a first grow just wanted to get to know the cabinet, so i tried to keep things simple. Grow on soil with (initially reduced) nutrient scheme from biobizz, i dont measure pH or EC. I vegged for totally 21 days, topped once (after a useless fim) and did some lst now during flowering cycle to get all the bigger branches to the same height. In totally i repottet twice and will finish in an 5l pot with allmix.

d2 18/6
    IMG_9148.jpg

I repotted an fimmed on day 10. but after the fimming it just grew normaly (just with mutilated leafs) so on day 16 i repotted into the final 5l pot and topped again
    IMG_9234.jpg IMG_9299.jpg IMG_9318.jpg

after 5 more days i switched the light cycle to 12/12
    IMG_9346.jpg

d6 of flowering
    IMG_9393.jpg

d9 i took off some big leaves below the canopy and applied some lst
    IMG_9419.jpg IMG_9456.jpg

today is d26 after i flipped to 12/12. the outer branches are all at the same height and slowly begin to build up trichomes. some leafs show signs of deficiancy (or is it fade already?) but overall it looks healthy to me.
    I expected a lot more stretch, but the plant kept relatively small, so i popped it up on a box again to bring her near the led light. It is still growing (sloowly) but there is still plenty of space in the box (vertically).
    i also think the 5l pot kept it from growing out to much.
    IMG_9653.jpg IMG_9675.jpg IMG_9676.jpg

the last picture is an overview over my temperature and humidity range.
    today i tried out the 35% fanspeed again, with the humidity rising as mentioned before. With 50% its fine.
    Unbenannt.jpg

Will it help to set the lights in flowering phase to "red only" to force the bud growth or is it better to leave it at "full spectrum" like the manual says?
    Opening the box, it switches automatically to this greenish light. This is a nice feature as it does not spoil the very suspicious purple light for every neighbor to see (esp at night). But will this stress the plant in its flowering cycle, if it switches the light spectrum (sometimes several times a day)? Any experience?

I started this thread because want to share the progress so far and i will try to do a weekly update on the plant. Also i wanted to exchange experience and information of this box.
    If you have any advice to share, i am looking forward to it!

​​​​
    (hopefully you do not mind me usi​ng english (i hope i do not break any forum rules).​)

Good evening!
    Last edited by vlx; 12 October 2023, 22:21.

Ziet er goed uit, beetje kleine pot maar dat mag de pret niet drukken.

Ik zou je aanraden om je eigen tekst voor het plaatsen ook te translaten naar Nederlands en dan te plaatsen op het forum want hierover hebben we al eerder discussie gehad. Merendeels omdat niet iedereen engels kan en dit wel een Nederlands forum is zodat het toegankelijk en begrijpelijk blijft voor ieder ander. Daarom reageer ik hier ook niet in het engels op je.

Voor de vraag over de led kleur, nee full spectrum zijn alle lampen aan. Alleen rood is dus een derde van het wattage en planten leven en bloeien niet beter enkel op rood licht. En zeker niet als dat dan nog minder wattage is ook.

Zowel in de groei als bloei, zoals laatst al eerder vermeld zijn exact dezelfde lichtgroepen.

Wat betreft de stress van het kijken waardoor de leds veranderen naar witlicht denk ik dat dat nihiel is maar je kunt er rekening mee houden door bijvoorbeeld alleen te kijken en te verzorgen net na de lamp aanspringt of vlak voor hij uitgaat. Maar ik heb veel gekeken in de bloei en geen last van iets gehad.
    ronde 3 - ronde 2 - ronde 1 < start

Comment

• Herrhaffie
      Herrhaffie commented
      Editing a comment
      if you put it through translate, the story will be impossible for anyone to follow...

• Heyz
      Heyz commented
      Editing a comment
      We hadden in elk geval afgesproken Nederlands te blijven als forum. Leden als Syze bijvoorbeeld heeft zijn verslag in het Nederlands gedaan. Maar hey ik ben geen forum politie hé ik zeg alleen dat dit in engels niet getolereerd werd.

• RickTerboeg
      RickTerboeg commented
      Editing a comment
      Blijkbaar geen zin in translate?

Good luck, i followw!

Comment

Bezig...
    X