X
X

• Filter
  • Tijd
  • Geef Weer
Clear All

Nederland: Sorry about last time, trying again

Korting op 420shop
    I've posted in this forum before. But it wasn't very succesful because I was branded police and commercial grower and accused of not speaking Dutch
    The last part is correct however, so I'll make a second attempt in English

I've recently found a job in Amsterdam so I've been busy doing some research about moving to Holland. I also grow in Spain, where I have lived for several years. And I want to grow some plants when I get to Amsterdam too (the weed is even more expensive in Holland than in Spain!).

Everything is pretty clear to me. The part that the police will only confiscate your plants if you have a small scale grow (normally 5 or below plants). Or the part where you have neigbours being on constant alert and always ready to report you to the police the minute they smell something odd (which is something you don't have to worry about in Spain).

So naturally I felt compiled to do as much research on the subject as possible. Well I was up last night reading and came across two things that I couldn't find an explanation for, hence the two questions. Which were:

1. Seems pretty dificult finding an apartment here. You need to show a work contract and/or payslips. And judging from the news articles I have read on your forum, most commercial growers that are raided seems to get away with it when they are not on the premises. So if they do get away with it, how do they rent? Are these guys professional maffia with access to fake documents?

2. I got the feeling that almost all commercial grows that are raided steal electricity. I have also read people claiming on this forum that the electric company are on the lookout for people who steal electricity and that they can somehow tell (or suspect) when someone is. So my question was, why don't these guys just pay for the electricity? Is it because the electric company reports excessive consumption to the police. Or is it because they are just stingy?

I am used to asking pretty general questions so sorry for being a bit vague before. I didn't think people would respond like that. I hope this clears it up.
    Last edited by edding; 20 June 2011, 20:15.

Re: Sorry about last time, trying again

Well first of all welcome back then

To the first question is a simple answer not enough. If the question is about the people who supply to the coffeshop. I think they use larger area's than ourself to grow the weed. So theis means u need to have a bigger place to stay. So if u asking to find a normal house to grow, it should not be that hard to find.
    They get away when not at home? I think not, I think you can better be home so you can say you do not want to keep your plants and they are allowed to take them away... most of the times the will leave you alone after that. Only when you protest , or not at home they will investigate.
    But again, every thing u add to your plant, aka light or ventilation is an act of prffesionality, which will lead to more problems , 100% guaranteed

second question is simple, proffesional growers grow for the money. That means allot of plants under many bulbs of high wattage... which leads to enormous energy bills.
    They do not want to waste money on such things + they do not want the energysupplier to get informed at the high power consumption.

Hope this will add some info to your searches,

Good luck finding that place to stay

greetz
    __________________________________________________ ______________

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.

sigpic

Comment

1/ they do get away with it because they supply the renter with gear for growing, for a certain percentage. Or buy a house > not (yet) possible to kick you out then.

2/ i can imagine that the proces of delivering far more energy to a certain place then expected in statistical terms will trigger an alert somewhere. especially when the bill is not being payed at regular intervals
      Society is like stew-if you don't keep it stirred up, you end up with a lot of scum on the top

Comment

2> They steal it because they are growing with multiple lamps and the electricity is quite expensive over here because they tax it especially. But that scale of growing is not for this forum. So when you grow with 1-3 lights max here, there is no problem. You can just pay the electricity and smoke your own weed.

Comment

>1 : ik know allot of people that have multiple growing rooms to supply coffee shops. the most common thing is to pay some money to someone who got some money problems. Its like renting a room in there house for like 500 euro's a month or so. the thing is that when the adress gets raided the police can only fine the persone that is living in the house.

>2: and about the power supply. its quite easy is you tap into the powergrid infront of the meter the only thing is that the supply company wil see a higher powerconsumption in a particular area. if some highpower using companies are vested in that area no bells will go off. They normaly check it out by walking over the sidewalk with somekind of scanner that way they can narrow there search area and this info they will send to the police. if someone in that area has some previous encounters with the police considering growing weed they will give him a visit. If you pay your bills with 10x 600 watt they got your adress within a week. They can also look trough your financial status at the bank where you got acounts, earing large amounts of money in a short periode also sets of a alarm

Comment

If the discussion develops into a topic about illegally tapping from the power grid I might have to close it.
            I reckon you did not understand the rules written in Dutch so I will make it clear.

This forum is intended for medicinal and recreational growers / smokers.
            If you grow cannabis to be self sufficient, just pay your energy bills because you don't need 10 x 600W.

I hope you'll be well in Holland!
            Veel gestelde vragen over het forum

JOINTJEDRAAIEN.NL - Smoking Community
            420Shop.NL - Headshop / Seedshop : Korting voor leden van Jointjedraaien.nl

Comment

nederlands is ook makelijk

Comment

I think the question was more about laws, and info for a proper settlement...And hes probably wondering how coffeeshops get their supply And stuff..But it wouldn't hurt, to learn a bit of dutch...but welcome to this country And this forum...But this is explicit...u can discuss smoking And growing weed on minimal scale...

Comment

His question was why growers steal electricity here. I can easily understand why he asked that, because the energy prices in Spain are rising, but still are at the level we had 10 years ago.
                  So over there, there are much less cases of energy theft and the power-network company's are not hunting their none or too less paying customers like they do here.
                  So i don't see him asking for information how to tap power, he only wants to know if there is a reason people do that here other than being stingy.

Comment

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Comment

GL in holland!!
                      But question for the others involving this topic, i thought a foreigner wusn't allowed to work in a coffeeshop?

And lol if you would have told them you where moving in from arabic country first reply could have well been to learn dutch asap
                      But they have a point... if i come into an A'dam coffeeshop i don't think my english would still be understandable
                      And i think they have places that can help you find a flat or a house same as here in belgium... or check with the local social council they normally have a list of free flat's (again at least in belgium they do...)
                      GL Dude and PS.. You'll miss spain once the winter sets in

Edit: Found this site they help you find a place and make sure contract's are in order and all... at least if you want to rent legaly..
                      http://www.wswonen.nl/english/
                      Last edited by smokeykev; 24 June 2011, 02:41.

Comment

Waar hebben ze het in hemelsnaam over
                        God was never on your side..

Comment

Hierover Bella
                          http://www.loi.nl/talen/engels/engel...ners/index.htm
                          __________________________________________________ ______________

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.

sigpic

Comment

Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door belladonna View Post
                            Waar hebben ze het in hemelsnaam over
                            Bella, als het me nog goed voor de geest staat heb je op latere leeftijd je rijbewijs gehaald. Nu nog een cursus Engels! Een mens is nooit te oud om te leren.

Comment

wow , engels met HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR whahahaahahaha . En neen ik kan het niet beter

Comment

Bezig...
                              X